Search for NHWA Accredited Members
Search for USA Members Search for Canada Members

NHWA Official Blog

Stay up to date with the National Home Watch Association and the Home Watch Industry.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The "Jersey Shore" joins the NHWA.

Growing up by the ocean in New Jersey, I consider myself to be a member of the original Jersey Shore crew (they called me "The Ridiculous Situation"). Having poked and prodded NJ companies to join up, I am pleased and proud to announce that the Jersey Shore is now represented in the NHWA. No, not that "Jersey Shore!" We'll have none of that! Holly and John Bodin, owners of Coastline Property Watch, now have the only NHWA-accredited Home Watch company in NJ.  (Yeah...I know. What Exit?) The company, which is based out of Ocean City (Exit 26), is gearing up to become the premier property services company in Atlantic and Cape May Counties. When you have a conversation with John and Holly, you can't help but be blown away by their enthusiasm and passion for Home Watch. John's intimate knowledge of local emergency services, as well as the local police, sheriff and fire departments, give Coastline Property Watch a view from many different angles. The Bodins have been operating Coastline Property Management prior to this, giving them the experience and judgment to handle most problems that may arise. Homes on that stretch of beach range from bungalow to mansion.  From retro to ultra-modern, CPW will take care of them all. I predict big things from Coastline. Their website (which is almost complete) is http://www.coastlinepropertywatch.com/. You'll currently find all of their contact info and a list of their services on the site. And look for an announcement in the Press of Atlantic City very soon.

As you know, the NHWA offers a "how-to-start" guide. On Sunday evening, I received an email from PayPal, informing me that there was a guide purchased by someone from Columbus, OH. I get to the office on Monday morning and the phone rings. I answer it, and Ken Wood introduces himself. Ken, a retiring teacher and sales rep, asks for a few minutes of my time. I agree, and I try to field his rapid-fire questioning. Brochures, insurance, logos, how about this, and what about that? A few minutes turned into half an hour. I had to leave for an appointment. "Listen," he says, "I am rarin' to go here. I am closing on my house in Holden Beach, NC, in October. I wanna have this business up and running before then." I tell him that I'll help in any way I can. (I'm just that kind of guy.) "Listen," he says, "I really need to pick your brain. I can be there in about 10 hours." Boom. So Ken leaves Columbus, OH, at 4 in the morning on Tuesday and gets to my office in Murrells Inlet, SC, that afternoon.

We spent some time talking, him asking and me answering. I shared some ideas with him, and he shared some with me. After a couple of hours and some coffee, he started to fade.  He said was beat from the trip (no...really?), so I asked him if he wanted to meet up that evening after he rested up. "Nope," he replied, "How about breakfast in the morning?" I agreed, and watched him drive off in his F-150. The next morning I got a call. "Gotta pass on breakfast, Jack. I'm already in Holden Beach [70 miles away]. I gotta get this business going!"

Ken Wood just had a knee replaced, but he can run circles around me. I have no doubt that this man will hit the ground running and never look back. It was great meeting you, Ken.

Til the next time, I wish all of you Ken Wood's energy.

Much success,

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment